- Everyday and not so everyday stress. For those of you with a busy daily routine, who value the benefits of deep and lasting relaxation I offer the 'Ten Minute Time-Out' self hypnosis introduction. This simple program helps you to relax and de-stress every day, in a way that you are totally in control of and can adapt to many different circumstances.
- Habits and repeated behaviours, from nail biting to obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Stopping smoking. (My smoking session protocol is aimed at becoming a non-smoker after your first session)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, (IBS). Plum Lane Hypnotherapy offers treatment for IBS based upon the highly successful, 'Manchester' Model. This treatment protocol has been extensively researched, yealded measurable, proven results and is now included as a therapy in National Instutute of Clinical Excellence, (NICE) guidelines for this condition.
- Phobias and anxieties. Hypnosis has a long track record of successfully treating phobias and anxiety problems; from the more obvious, (such as fear of spiders, heights etc.) to those related to travel, transport or flight, and more personal, restricting or distressing fears and anxieties, including experiences resulting in post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Pain control and management. I offer help, and self hypnosis training that can significantly reduce pain and discomfort from injuries or uncomfortable longer-term conditions. Also, my pre and post operative program can help reduce pain and anxiety before, during and after surgery, (this program is usually offered after consultation with medical experts assigned to your case). Having undergone surgery with hypnotic anaesthesia myself I am uniquely experienced to offer this.
- Weight control. I offer a weight control program aimed at helping you to establish and maintain a healthily weight, naturally. We also offer a hypnotic gastric band protocol. This was developed and tested to effectively help you reduce weight if you have a longer standing weight problem, (or are particularly concerned about being overweight, and have tried several methods of weight loss in the past).
The above program is usually offered after consultation with your GP or other dedicated medical professional
- Sports performance enhancement. For a variety of team and individual sports, including equitation (Horse riding skills). Specialising in developing creativity, focus of concentration and repeated healthy performance strategies.
- Hypnosis for a childbirth.This program is tailored
specifically to every expectant mother's personal needs and can lead to a more comfortable and fulfilling birth process, with less complications after you baby is born.
It is helpful for natural or caesarean births and is designed for the mother and the birth partner. (Again, your medical professionals would be fully informed and routinely consulted throughout this protocol).
Clinical hypnosis can also be utilised to treat and relieve a range of common ailments, ranging from tinnitus to some allergies and skin conditions.
If you are interested in whether hypnosis could be an effective treatment for you contact us and we'll let you know.
The Plum Lane Practice offers holistic induvidual therapies, (combining clinical hypnosis and other well established psychotherapeutic techniques) they include:
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), a form of cognitive behaviour therapy (also known as CBT)
- Eye movement Desensetisation and reprocessing (EMDR), a technique used widely to treat various levels of stress and anxiety, (including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and the effects of traumatic experiences in general).
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), a techniqie which allows you to use physical and mental 'anchors' (among other techniques), to reinforce or change your behaviour
Patients with private health insurance please note:
Many people are not aware that clinical hypnosis can be covered by health insurance policies, and charitable funds such as a The Transport Benevolent Fund.